Pages

1.25.2008

warp speed

I know I already wrote about life being super busy, but now I feel like time is moving at warp speed! seriously, I think today is the first time in 2 weeks that I have been able to look around and make any sense of what needs to be done, what has been done, and to plan more than one day in advance.
now, I know I should probably be writing about how I am using my un-rushed time to just enjoy the present moment and to look around and acknowledge how great life is going. but, the truth is that I DO really feel like I have been doing a great job of enjoying life and recognizing my blessings. so, today, my quiet moments have been used to think about the upcoming weekend and week. my natural impulse is to plan, plan, plan. I feel calmer and more relaxed when this is done, I know what to expect and I feel more prepared. I don't like playing catch-up.
however, it seems as though being a sorta-stay-at-home mom and a part-time counselor and a sorta-nice-but-not-always-sacrificing wife and a friend and a volunteer and etc.-etc.-etc. means that I will more often than not be required to let go of the plans and just take each day as it comes. the sooner I embrace this reality, the better! (at least for the people around me!)

so, let's see... weekend and week updates:
- my girls trip to Washington! it was Awesome!!- everything worked out just perfectly. we stayed in a fabulous cabin up in the mountains, ate tons of food, drank mimosas!, celebrated baby parsons soon arrival, visited a super cute Bavarian-like town, went wine tasting, enjoyed a movie-theater movie, and survived some crazy mountain roads.


- Jason is definitely a walker now. I still feel like I need to reach out to help him balance, but the kids got it down just fine without me. he went to his first basketball game this week-- and LOVED it! he watched the ball a bunch, clapped for the teams, stared at the spectators, ate some cheerios, read his bday present pop-up book from danielle, and walked around the court at half-time. we'll definitely have to look into taking him to more games. it was great!
- those teeth are trying hard to come out! he is definitely a drooling kiddo!

2 comments:

SJT said...

Jason looks like he's thinking... "Am I really doing this?" in his real walker picture. Too cute! :)

parsons said...

glad to see jason's on to a new book. i didn't want to say anything but it was taking him quite the time to finish the other one. ;)