ONE GIANT LEAP FOR CHILD-KIND!
Some of our readers may not remember this little gem, but I dug it up from the past for you -
Now, some people may have a hard time believing this BUT.... this photo was staged. Yes, its true! Jason was about two and a half months old at the time and he really wasn't able to dress himself. Long story short- I put the hat on his head and he really wasn't strong enough to take it off. I hope I didn't spoil the cuteness of this magical picture for you.Enter: my point - last night as Jason and Papa were enjoying some hearty "man - time" we were playing in the living room and Jason took this same hat off of my head and put it on his own.
Not a big deal to the casual observer, I admit, but here is what this says about our little boy: he is recognizing that objects have functions. He recognized that a hat goes on his head. That's a pretty big deal. For example: if we give Jason a spoon - he puts it in his mouth... smart kid, right? If we give Jason a toothbrush - he puts it in his mouth... even smarter kid, huh? If we give Jason a comb - he puts it in his mouth... there goes our theory. If we give Jason a shoe - he puts it in his mouth... what happened to our genius? If we give Jason a piece of used tissue out of the bathroom garbage can - he puts it in his mouth... no comment.
And so: it really is very exciting to see him identifying the spirit of certain objects.
3 comments:
Great blog, Papa! Will be watching for a photo of my grandson now at 12 months of age with the hat that he placed on his own head. He is a learning machine! I love you guys SOOOOO much. Smooches for Jason.
Nanee
i love you guys.
My little 1 year old nieces (future dates for Jason, I'm sure) know the meaning of "Uh-Oh!" Meaning: they drop something, and "Uh-Oh" means grandma will pick it up. Smart gals.
hilarious ... thanks for brightening my day with such a cute story.
Post a Comment