Pages

2.04.2008

yeah- blog time! FINALLY!
my "big" projects that have been hanging over my head are finished, so now I can move on to everything else I want to do.

  • our new adventure involves painting our bathroom and putting in a new sink and mirror! unfortunately, we can't gut the whole bathroom and re-do it all at once. so we have to improve it little by little. so we are painting it a "canary" yellow (kinda like this new background color) and I am hoping to find some cute yellow rubber duck pictures and/or shower curtain.
  • Matt and our brother-in-law took out the sink and mirror yesterday. we want to get a pedestal sink, but I guess the placement of the water valves may make that impossible. we'll see. and a new mirror-- as you can see the HUGE HOLE in our wall! now we had a mirror/cabinet deal in there before, but it didn't fit in the wall (even though it was the kind that is supposed to). it just stuck out about 6 inches from the wall. we just assumed they didn't want to cut a hole in the wall. but, alas! there IS a hole. I am not really sure why they didn't buy a mirror that FIT in the hole. but that is our plan.

  • Jason is walking like crazy! in fact, I would say that he even runs at times. and he is beginning to master the skill of standing up from a sitting position- without holding on to anything. I was impressed.
  • last night we went to Gram and Pap's for SuperBowl-- and he spent about 45 minutes run-walking up and down the hallway and in and out of the kitchen. of course he cracks up the whole time he is doing this!


  • here's another pic of Jason from the other day. when I was looking at the pictures I took, I was cuaght of guard by how much he now looks like a little boy instead of a baby.
  • I'm not sure if you can see the mark on his forehead. somehow he got this in the sunday school nursery- but no one knew how! I guess he didn't cry or anything- they just noticed it a bit before we came to pick him up. then last Thursday he got a big bruise in about the same place from running into a doorway.

  • we are thinking about getting Jason's hair cut! I am not sure if you can tell in this picture, but the bottom half of his head has curly hair.. and now it is getting super long! so it starting to flair out on the sides of his head, while the top half f his head still barely has any hair! the thing is- I have no idea how to cut his hair myself. and I have a hard time imagining myself paying someone else any amount of money to cut sucha small amount of hair. hmmm... any ideas?

5 comments:

SJT said...

I can't wait to see that curly hair in person!

Anonymous said...

Sandra,

Just buzz it (i.e. military cut). You can see examples on my facebook page ;-) that is the manly look and super low maintenance. You did say yourself he isn't looking so much like a baby anymore.

take care,
cousin josh

Lynn and Mike said...

Just visiting your page to say congratulations Aunt Sandra, Uncle Matt and Cousin Jason! We can't wait to meet the newest member of your family! :-)

Bryan / Pamela said...

Lynn had the same Idea I did. Congrats!! New Aunt, Uncle & Bigger Cousin.

Bryan / Pamela said...

Regarding the hair trim for Jason, Try using a pair of clippers or a beard trimmer (but I don't think your husband grows a beard). They would do great at such a small amount of hair and they are pretty much safe because the blades are somewhat covered.