Pages

10.24.2007

glimpses of jason-

just a few peeks at where I find Jason throughout the day:

while I am putting away laundry in his room, he often crawls into the guest room-
I don't usually go after him... I just keep on working and talking to him. and since I don't hear any crying or loud crashes, I assume he is fine and just crawling around. the other day, I peeked around the corner and here he was: standing and exploring!

the kid has a great memory and and is not timid about going after what he wants! Jason now thinks it is a fun game to crawl over to the stairs and try to climb up them. If I am right there, to catch him from falling, it would be fine. but I can't always get there quick enough and I don't always want to stop what I am doing to be the fall protector. I think it would be different if there was carpet, but its a hard floor to fall on! so I have had to say "no" and re-direct him over to one of the 50 toys he has in the room. the thing is: he keeps going back over and over again! and cracks up as he increases his crawling speed in a straight shot over to the stairs.
we just need to get another baby gate!

he's a noise maker!
not only is he more vocal, he likes to hit and bang on every surface. he's a jumper, a climber, a bouncer, a rattle-shaker, a singer, a whiner, a laugher, and a drummer. we love all of it!
(well, excpet the whining... Matt might actually like that, though)



and, lastly, a blurry photo op this evening--
Jason actually cuddled with his papa in the rocking chair and fell asleep!
Jason must have been VERY tired! what a great father and son moment.

1 comment:

SJT said...

I love that he cuddled with Matt. Cuddling can be so nice, right now I wish Sarge would do it with me sometimes! Hopefully Peanut will at least!