we are back!
after 2 fabulous weeks of life away from real life, we are back home.

- I spent the week with the participants who were in their 4th and final year of the conference. it was great to be surrounded by college-age kids who also LOVE being there. at the end of the week, they "graduated" from the conference-- so there were lots of sad good-byes for many of them at the end of the week.

- Matt spent the week with the 2nd year particpants.. and one of the fun activities they got to do was the low ropes/initiative course. here they are trying to get their whole group through the "spider web" without anyone touching the netting sides.
and while Matt and I were busy with the conference, Nanee got to spend lots of quality time with Jason! unfortunately, I don't have any good pictures of them as we were not together all that often... but Nanee did a GREAT job taking care of her grandson for 2 weeks!!! THANK YOU, Nanee!!!
- since we were at a camp, we had to do our best with the resources we had.... bathtime for Jason was on the kitchen counter- yet, the boy still had a great time! (note the farmer's tan on him- I think that's not a good thing for babies! oops!)
now, we just have to get re-adjusted to our new reality:
- I start back to part-time work this week
- Matt has 1 more week before he has to go back to work
- Jason will be going to Lori's and Gram's during the week
- Uncle Sam has left for Iraq
- the bills didn't pay themselves
- and we are going to transition church locations from the Westside back to Clovernook.
but before I get too caught up in all that is to come, the past 2 weeks definitely deserve a re-cap of great moments! so, here it goes...
- we all got to meet little Lilly, who came to visit Cincinnati all the way from south carolina! she is 1 week older than Jason, but definitely lots bigger. its funny comparing babies around the same age-- she was such a great sitter and could easily reach for the toys she wanted. whereas, Jason can sit for about 2 seconds before he topples over and scoots his way to the toys. either way, though, they were both able to get to what they wanted!

- although Jason is being a bit whiney in this picture, he was able to spend a little time with both of his great-grandmas in Michigan: GG and Nana!

- Jason went on his first boat ride ever on Fine Lake with great-aunt
Vicki! he really seemed to like it a lot- I am glad he loves the water so much!
- I start back to part-time work this week
- Matt has 1 more week before he has to go back to work
- Jason will be going to Lori's and Gram's during the week
- Uncle Sam has left for Iraq
- the bills didn't pay themselves
- and we are going to transition church locations from the Westside back to Clovernook.
but before I get too caught up in all that is to come, the past 2 weeks definitely deserve a re-cap of great moments! so, here it goes...
- although Jason is being a bit whiney in this picture, he was able to spend a little time with both of his great-grandmas in Michigan: GG and Nana!
- Jason went on his first boat ride ever on Fine Lake with great-aunt
- I spent the week with the participants who were in their 4th and final year of the conference. it was great to be surrounded by college-age kids who also LOVE being there. at the end of the week, they "graduated" from the conference-- so there were lots of sad good-byes for many of them at the end of the week.
- Matt spent the week with the 2nd year particpants.. and one of the fun activities they got to do was the low ropes/initiative course. here they are trying to get their whole group through the "spider web" without anyone touching the netting sides.
- since we were at a camp, we had to do our best with the resources we had.... bathtime for Jason was on the kitchen counter- yet, the boy still had a great time! (note the farmer's tan on him- I think that's not a good thing for babies! oops!)
and, finally, we stopped at Michigan State on the drive home-
we got to see where Nanee and Grandy met each other and fell in love!
here's Jason under Papa's "interesting" influence at the Mexican restaurant:
he's definitely a grabber!
we got to see where Nanee and Grandy met each other and fell in love!
here's Jason under Papa's "interesting" influence at the Mexican restaurant:
and that's the summary! I'm looking forward to being back on the blog! until next time...

4 comments:
I love how happy he looks on the boat. Like he was born to be there.
Welcome back!!
I'm so glad you updated your blog so quickly! I will definitely be coming to visit sometime soon to see you guys and Jason!
I just saw that your corn is dead! How sad!
so glad you are back.
see you at the gathering!?!?! yippeee!
Post a Comment