Pages

7.23.2007

ok, ok- I will have to update myself!

hello, everyone! due to Matt's busy-ness of taking grad school classes, caring for our little guy, and being an awesome uncle to his niece and nephew who spent the night again last night-- he has found little time to blog. so, here I am-- taking a few minutes to try to get out some quick updates. (as I type this, I am sitting outside and Jason is beside me in his playpen totally absorbed in watching Matt cut the grass-- do we know how to multi-task, or what!!)

UPDATES:


#1.
the most yucky update is the news that our brother-in-law, Sam, will be returning to Iraq for the 2nd time! they are expecting a baby due in March-- and he has to report for duty Aug. 11. so, needless to say-- this is going to be an extremely difficult year for my sister and Sam! I am hoping we will get in lots more visits to St. Louis and that she can come here often-- as I think the more little things to look forward to, the quicker time will go by!


#2. update on the "hamping" adventures! Matt was supposed to take Nick and Alysha camping this past Thursday... but, of course, that was the only evening it rained all week! so, instead of cancelling the whole trip-- they changed the evening to house-camping (or"hamping"). we started with a neighborhood scavenger hunt to find things in nature for every letter of the alphabet (ie; Acorn, Bug, Caterpillar)-- they walked around with grocery bags that they filled up with the items. then we came back for a game of croquet, followed by a cookout around the campfire of hotdogs and smores. they were not allowed to use electricity at all!-- so even going in to the bathroom meant they couldn't turn on the lights! they slept in the tent inside- and even had breakfast out around the campfire again. I think everyone had fun! although, Nick and Alysha kept talking about all the things they were going to do once they got home and into a place where they could actually use electricity-- t.v., playstation. they felt so deprived!



#3.
Jason's Army-crawling is starting to become actual on-his-knees crawling! I can't believe it! but, starting last night-- I noticed that he is trying to get himself up on his knees to move forward! since I got home this afternoon, he has tried lots more to get up on all 4 and now his knees are all red! he resorts back to Army-crawling when he gets frustrated with not moving forward with his knees-- its just crazy how fast all of these new developments happen!






#4. Jason had fun cousin hang-out time last night! all 5 cousins were together-- which was pretty great! and, as I mentioned earlier, we got the company of Nick and Alysha last night again!



I'll try to post again at least one more time this week-- as we are off to Michigan for the next 2 weeks after that and will not be able to blog at all. thanks for staying tuned, even when the blogs are getting more scarce! love you all-

6 comments:

SJT said...

It looks like Alysha really loves to hold Jason. That is so fun! You're going to have to baby-proof your house soon with that little mover! I can't wait to see you guys again. Hopefully soon. :)

SJT said...

Yes you can borrow Harry. It's very very good. :)

Heidi said...

You guys are such a fun aunt and uncle! I am voting that the next blog before you leave gives a detailed explanation of Matt being in the circus.

Ryan and Kim said...

you need to make some baby legs out of adult knee socks - there are patterns online. i made some for natalie and can't wait for her to wear them when she starts crawling around to avoid knee burn!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was starting my new blog & found The Vongeorge Family taken on Blogspot! Its not a common name, so I had to stop by to see your adorable family! I hope you don't mind! - Barb VonGeorge

Erin said...

Hee! That post from BvG makes me giggle. By the by, I'm thinking of switching to vonDonohoe. What do you think? I would certainly lose some of my alphabetical advantage, but I really like the sound of it.

i loved the updates on hamping. all those activities sounded fun and I'm going to keep them in mind for future visits with my nephew Tommy. we'll miss you while you're on vacation but i'm sure you'll have a great time.

my thoughts and prayers are with susan and sam. please let me know if we can help. by 'we,' I mean Stella and me. :)