Pages

10.11.2009

october

I am back to work... which makes our lives a lot busier and more complicated- but its definitely something I want to be doing. and I am so very thankful for Matt's unwavering support and encouragement. He is definitely carrying more of the load with the kiddos than I am-- he takes them to the sitter's in the AM, picks them up after school, deals with them on his own for about 2 hours until I get home, often gets dinner started... he is such a great dad and a wonderful husband.

we were able to take some time away from the kids this weekend- we went to Indianapolis for my dear friend Kelly's wedding. we had an amazing time-- SO fun to see college friends, to celebrate Kelly's marriage, and to have time for Matt and I to just be present with one another (vs. thinking about the kids, what they need, how they are doing, anticipating what they will need next, etc.)

but, of course, it was great to come home and re-connect as our little family of 4!

3 comments:

SJT said...

YEA for great dad's and family!

Lori said...

glad you had a good time "away!" hope you enjoy your week at work - see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

where can i see pics of the wedding?! i'm so jealous of all of you getting to hang out!!! love the latest pics of the kids and yea matt for being a great dad and hubby! love you guys, jen osh