Pages

9.07.2008

seriously?

within just this past week, Jason has gone from being a baby-toddler to a full-fledged toddler-little boy! I am in a bit of shock. I knew it was happening, when (again, just within this past week) he began to throw himself on the floor when he was not happy with something I wanted him to do or somewhere I wanted him to go. so now he yells loudly and falls to the ground when he is not happy with me or Matt. he is also screaming loudly-- not in frustration, but in happiness. because he doesnt say many words yet, I think he resorts to loud yelling noises to communicate. he understands EVERYTHING and knows the words for so many things, yet has not grasped the ability to SAY the words. so, instead, we gets lots of pointing, "babababa"s and "mommy"s and, now, loud screaming noises.

we also know he is so much bigger now because he needs a 6.5 size shoe! um, the ones he wore all summer are a 5. OOPS! so we went shoe shopping this morning-- and here he is with his new shoes... he seems very pleased with the final choice.

he also graduated to the big kid 2 year olds sunday school class this evening! no more pager for us to carry... he even made his very first craft project!!! I was SO PROUD of him!-- I felt like a freak mom, but I think I was seriously tearing up. I mean- his class now has craft time, story time, song time, snack time, the works!!! here is his first, ever craft project at church:
(its says: God made the sky)

oh- and the last realization that we now live with a little rugrat is that I found some pen scribbles on the bathroom door tonight! Matt then says-- "oh yeah, I saw him with a pen up here the other day. I guess he must have figured out how to take the top off." um, yeah, we have a smart little cookie!

3 comments:

SJT said...

Oh yeah! That is so fun, well not the tantrum part but the growing up and craft project part! He is such a big boy!

SJT said...

I think Sean is only 75th percetile but I dont remember for sure. We go next Tuesday for his appointment so we'll know for sure then.

Claire said...

He gets cuter and cuter! You know, my nephew didn't say many words until he was 2 yrs and a couple of months. He did the same thing as Jason - lots of pointing, yelling, etc. Then over the course of a month, he started speaking in sentences. It was pretty amazing! I give my sister lots of credit for not being too worried about it and for just letting him talk in his own time!

-C