yesterday early evening, Jason had his first official huge fall: he was playing around outside, Matt was tending to the grill, I was inside cooking-- Jason was going down the deck stairs backwards, (like he is supposed to do) but wanted to bring his toy with him which throws his concentration and rythm off... and this resulted in a huge fall down the stairs! even with Matt catching him on the 1st step from the top, the damage had been done-- a very bloody lip and lots of sadness and tears. I was quickly relieved once I figured out his teeth hadn't gotten knocked out. it was scabby and puffy last night... but looked SO MUCH WORSE this morning:
thankfully, by later in the day he was somewhat back to his normal, silly, smiley self:


-- we went to our first swim class today! unfortunately, Jason had to be introduced to all the parents and new kids looking a bit crazy... someone from my neighborhood is in the class with her little boy, so that was a very fun surprise! Jason was pretty quiet and serious-faced for about half the class, but finally started to warm up after about 20 minutes.
-- other random kitchen updates: ALL the wallpaper is off!

-- this is the color green I am going to paint... that is, after we (1) paint the ceiling (2) sand the walls where Matt patched the bazillion holes (3) prine the walls (4) FINALLY paint the walls (5) then paint the trim.... oh- and put in new outlets.... and the deadline is April 26-- only 9 days away!

-- and this is where I think we are going to make an extension of countertop space... with the bookshelf idea. maybe.
hopefully my next blog will have almost-completed kitchen updates!
OH YEAH! I almost forgot:
I highly recommend www.craigslist.com to anyone who wants to get rid of random things in their homes.
-- we went to our first swim class today! unfortunately, Jason had to be introduced to all the parents and new kids looking a bit crazy... someone from my neighborhood is in the class with her little boy, so that was a very fun surprise! Jason was pretty quiet and serious-faced for about half the class, but finally started to warm up after about 20 minutes.
-- other random kitchen updates: ALL the wallpaper is off!
-- this is the color green I am going to paint... that is, after we (1) paint the ceiling (2) sand the walls where Matt patched the bazillion holes (3) prine the walls (4) FINALLY paint the walls (5) then paint the trim.... oh- and put in new outlets.... and the deadline is April 26-- only 9 days away!
-- and this is where I think we are going to make an extension of countertop space... with the bookshelf idea. maybe.
hopefully my next blog will have almost-completed kitchen updates!
OH YEAH! I almost forgot:
I highly recommend www.craigslist.com to anyone who wants to get rid of random things in their homes.
6 comments:
My poor little nephew. I hope his lip gets better soon. I can't wait to see the kitchen done!
Hmm, too bad I didn't know about this stuff you were selling. I might have bought the weights for myself!
Nanee
ouchie ouch ouch!!!!!!! poor guy! he's a trooper.
my mom accidently let me roll off the bed as a baby. i think she still feels guilty, 26 years later.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Toner, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://toner-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.
Do we get to see green kitchen pictures?? :)
Jason, I know your mom likes to make fun of fat lips, so hang in there...you'll have a SWEET looking kitchen very soon! Love you!
Post a Comment