Pages

11.04.2007

daylight savings stinks.

I used to love daylight savings. "fall back" means you get an extra hour of sleep. or, it used to mean you get an extra hour of sleep. now that we live with Jason, it means we get woken up at 6am instead of 7am... and nap schedules are all thrown off a bit... and we have to try to keep an overly tired baby up an hour later. daylight savings is no longer a good thing.

at church tonight someone from the nursery had to come and get me because Jason was crying and they couldn't calm him down. this never happens! she said he spit up 4 or 5 times so they changed him out of his pjs (which we had put him in thinking we were smart and he would be all ready to go to straight to bed after church). so I walk in to find a red, puffy eyed little boy screaming and wearing bright red courderoy overalls! personally, I think he was crying BECAUSE he was wearing bright red not-at-all-cute overalls. I didn't have an extra pair of pants in his bag for him, so he had the unfortunate experience of wearing whatever was in the nursery closet. ugh. as expected, Jason fell asleep in the 5 minute car ride home.
daylight savings stinks.

2 comments:

SJT said...

Sad he was messed up with the time change. Hopefully it won't take him too many days/nights to get adjusted.

Heidi said...

Oh wow, I didn't think about how it would affect (effect?) a baby's sleep schedule =( Also, I am super impressed with staying up with the daily posting...I think a lot of people have already punked out!! It'll be a long road, but we can do it!! =)