Pages

9.30.2007

Fine without CATS!

Last night we got to visit our very cool cousins, David and Jill (and soon to come Landon). This was very fun. We hung out, they showed us their new house, and they made us some really fantastic food. Still very fun. Then Buddy showed up. Not so fun. Buddy is David's and Jill's cat. He's a fine cat, as far as cats go, but dang. I rubbed my eye right before we left for the night and I'll be darned if it didn't swell right up. Even Jill, who is a pharmacist, said, "Oh my gosh, I've never seen a person swell so quickly." Bad enough, right? But wait, there's more. The whole drive home (they live up near Dayton and we live down near Cincinnati) I was really having a hard time seeing out of my left peripheral. My eye actually hurt a little when I looked left without moving my head, almost like there was a hair stuck in it that I couldn't get out. But we make it home without running off the road, and I walked upstairs to the bathroom to see what had transpired since we left Dayton. My eyeball was now swollen. That's right, the white of my eye was swollen and bulging out from between my eyelids. It was pretty disgusting. It was just the white, so my iris and pupil were still at normal "see level" and my white was like a towering mountain range. Very gross! Anyway, I walked down to show Sandra my hideous disfiguration. She was cleaning bottles at the kitchen sink and when I took my glasses off she jumped away from me. Ouch. Then she continued to look at me with a sort of disgusted expression on her face. I asked her to stop that and it made her feel bad and then we both decided it would be best for everyone if I wore an eyepatch for the night. Luckily I had one in the bedside drawer (and an earring, too).




This morning the eye itself is back to normal, but the skin around is a little puffy. So if you read this blog and consider yourself a friend of the VonGeorge family, you'll get rid of your cat(s).

5 comments:

Mom to 2+2=4 said...

Oh my gosh! Matt, that is so awful!

SJT said...

You turned into a woman for the night too huh? Sorry to hear about your bad cat experience. I bet it felt horrible!

Heidi said...

You make quite a handsome woman. I totally thought that it was Sandra writing this blog at first, by the way. And I would also like to point out that although I do have cats and I will not be getting rid of them, when I did have our small group at my house I made sure to vacuum thoroughly, including the curtains and the couch, put the cat away and not let her out, and I bought the Febreeze allergen stuff and sprayed it everywhere. So I guess you just now I have raised the bar for people who are friends of the VonGeorge's =)

SJT said...

Don't forget to take your 9 month shirt picture today! yea! Only 3 months til 1 year old!!!!

Erin said...

Hm. So, both Mama and Papa VG are allergic? So, baby Jason will either be insanely allergic, or some sort of super-powered baby that isn't bothered by cat fur at all. Or I guess, that's just called "not allergic".

I used to be really, really allergic to cats, and still occasionally, I will meet a cat that makes me sneezy. But I guess I grew out of the whole "cat allergy" thing. Lucky Stella!!