Pages

8.30.2007

trying to update more often!

augh.. I wish that I had gotten a new blog out earlier than just right now!
better late than never, I suppose.

we- or I should say "I"- have many projects just beginning to take shape:
1. painting the railing outside our front door.
the old paint is rusty and peeling, so I am attempting to spray paint it black. we thought that would be the easiest and fastest way. but I ran out of paint not even half way through the job!



2. taking the wallpaper off the dining room walls and painting the walls.
the thing is, I have never taken wallpaper off before! and all I hear from people is nightmare stories about how difficult this will be! but, the job must get done. I am going to try the water and vinegar spray approach vs. buying some wallpaper remover. the advice seems to be from reliable sources.
we'll see.
- depending on how this goes, taking off the kitchen wallpaper will be the next room to tackle! scary!

in other news:

- Jason now likes to play with anything that is NOT a toy. he has a whole room of bright and colorful objects to play with, yet he goes for the zippers on our bags and the wires on the computer. and he has a GOOD memory about where these things are located! I will re-direct him, but he eventually returns to these favorites. now he even crawls all the way under the desk to get to the wires and electric cords! I can't take my eyes off this little adventurer!









- inspired by the Museum Center children's area, I put a mirror downstairs in the playroom. now this seems to be a good distraction and safe source of entertainment for Jason!

3 comments:

Erin said...

ok, i love the mirror shots. All of them. i didn't comment on the museum one because i got pulled into something while i was looking at your blog. pulled away from my break, of course.

do you have the paper tiger? it is the BEST thing EVER for taking down wall paper. it makes little holes in a random pattern and then you spray, and the spray gets thru the paper because of the little holes. now, i recommend using the vinegar and water and a little elbow grease to get as much off as you can, and then if you still have stubborn spots, you can use the DIF on them. But you probably won't need DIF for everything, unless they happened to have crazy-strong wallpaper paste.

I think wallpaper should be outlawed.

SJT said...

Happy 8 month B-Day Jason!!! :) We Love You!!!

Ryan and Kim said...

ryan always takes the mirror off the wall and lets natalie play with it. he's getting so big! i love his facial expressions.