Pages

7.11.2007

We've Got Crawledge!

Yeah, well, not so sure about that spelling but so what . . . Jason can crawl . . . or something like it. We just noticed it Monday evening for the first time. He stayed on his stomach and pulled himself along with his right arm mostly. He uses his left arm to steer. Check it out.

It may look like he just grabbed the toy and moved it toward his mouth, but that's not what happened. We were there. You weren't.



And of course, after achieving every great milestone Jason performs a celebratory "grab the glasses". He getting quite good at it.

Over the week's end we made a quick trip over to St. Louis for Nanee's birthday and Uncle Sam's 4th of July firework extravaganza. We actually got to meet up with everyone Friday night for Nanee's birthday dinner and we had Jason pop out of a cake which surprised the heck out of Uncle Sam.

Here he is working the crowd, which included Uncle Sam, Aunt Susan and Peanut Talley (not pictured are Nanee, Grandy, GREAT Uncle Greg, and Great Aunt Lynda (GAL))







Monday night we all got a chance to hang out with good friends. There's no place like Kentucky for that. Thanks again, Stacy and Jason Doss. We took a dip in the pool and enjoyed some darn good company.
* In other news: Sandra had her first day of work camp on Monday which meant she had to wake at 5:00am and work non-stop all day. She will continue to do this for the whole week and the following two weeks. It's rough for her to be away from her boys all day like that.
AND
Pappa had his first circus practice last night! I wish I had pictures but I guess it's better if you come find out for yourself sometime. I (1.) learned to walk on stilts (2.) did some basic juggling (3.) ate fire. That's right, I did all these things in the two hour span from 6 - 8 pm last night. I think I'm really going to enjoy the circus.

p.s.- although the note below says differently, Pappa VonGeorge wrote this blog. Believe!

6 comments:

Mom to 2+2=4 said...

This sounds like a Matt post, but it says "Sandra".

So, are you saying Jason FIRST crawled to the toy, reached, grabbed, and THEN "moved it to his mouth"? That is what the pictures look like to me.
Nanee

SJT said...

Jason is so awesome! I knew my little nephew would be great at crawling!

Heidi said...

Way to go Jason!!

Jenn said...

matt - i'm not sure i understand this whole circus thing. you have been very cryptic about it. when can i come see you perform under the big top?

Anonymous said...

How fun to read all of the news! I wish I could be with you guys to see it all happen. Much love from rainy and windy Okinawa...
love, Jen

Erin said...

There are too many person-perspective changes in this post. For a minute, I thought Jason was saying that he walked on stilts, juggled, and ate fire. Which was quite an evening leading up to the first crawl.

Also, "We were there. You weren't" = sublime. Heh.