Jason had his first pool experience yesterday!
the water was really cold, so we didn't put him all the way under-- just his feet got wet. well, and when I splashed him- his body got a little wet. but I got in trouble from Matt for doing that because he read up all about babies' first swimming experiences-- and they are supposed to be calm and quiet, so as to not feel upsetting or scary. oops! I guess I messed up the plan a little-- but I think he was crying just because it was his nap time! he barely got wet from the splash...
in any case, it was fun to bring him to the pool. fun just to have different "first time" adventures. I actually think we are going to a pool tonight, too. Matt would love it if Jason became a swimmer like he was-- so hopefully tonight's pool time will be nice and calm.
Jason's imagined thoughts:

-- "What IS this thing??"

-- "Okay, Dad-- I am trusting you!"

-- "oooh! this is COLD! but, it's not that horrible. I hope you are holding on to me tight, Daddy!"
3 comments:
Is that Paps in the picture with Matt's back to the camera?
yeah- that is Pap.
it is their neighbor's pool.
Jason is so cute in his little swim trunks. I hope the second experience goes well!
Post a Comment