Pages

6.11.2007

nature boy

I just have to share with you why my son makes me laugh- out loud!


we have gotten into the habit of walking around the yard at least a few times a day- and in our short little outdoor adventures, I have helped Jason explore nature by touching different plants and trees... different textures. grabbing at leaves on trees is his favorite thing to do, as he can pull hard on the leaves and they come toward him and sometimes pull off. then he tries to put them in his mouth, so I have to quickly intercept the leaves once he has pulled them off!
but, now, the FUNNY thing to me is that every time we have walked outside in the past 2 days-- he STARES up at the trees and his arms go straight out trying to reach up, he starts smiling and legs start kicking... he is all about the leaves on the trees! even when we are just walking out to the car or from the parking lot into a store, he sees those leaves!

I guess, in a way, God made his own natural play mobiles: trees!

1 comment:

SJT said...

Sounds like Jason is going to be an outdoor boy! I'm sure you will be taking him camping lots! :)