Pages

5.06.2007

Flying Pig!

Matt finished the Cincinnati Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon!
Official Race Time-- 2:08:36

this was our very UN-routine day:
4:00am- alarm goes off
4:20am- Matt is up and I'm not far behind...
4:30am- Jason is woken up, fed, and dressed for the day (Matt called this "sweet revenge" for all the early mornings he woke US up!)
5:05am- in the car and headed downtown (Jason falls back asleep in the car)
6:30am- Matt is off on the run! (Jason wakes up to send him off with a smile!)
6:40am- I head to Starbucks for much needed caffeine.
7:10ish- we cheer for Matt at mile marker 4.
7:20ish- more cheering for the Wilkeys who ran the full marathon!
9:10am- yeah for Matt at the Finish Line! Crazy time trying to actually meet up with him afterwards, as there were fences everywhere... at one point I had to leave the stroller behind just so I could get through to where the racers were finishing.
9:30am- in a last minute decision- we head to church, even without a shower for Matt. (Jason stays awake all through church...)
12:00pm- fun, surprise invitation to lunch with the Georges at Frisch's. family is GREAT! (Jason is STILL awake- and not all that content)
1:30pm- MUCH needed 2 hour nap for EVERYONE!
4:30pm- off to Sam's Club... grocery store... home...
6:00pm- attempted late nap for Jason who had droopy eyes in the car, but to no avail-- we have a VERY cranky boy at this point.
7:00pm- bathtime which became a crying fest... more crying as pajamas go on... (bathtime is not really a relaxing event for our little boy)
7:25pm- baby asleep. Matt and I are about to cook dinner... and finally have a chance to just chill out and relax.
What a GREAT DAY!
(ok- now that I just wrote all of that... I am not sure why I did that or why anyone would really want to know my day hour by hour. but, there it is none-the-less)

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Congratulations Matt! I think it's incredible when anyone runs for more than 45 minutes at a time. And also, congratulations to Jason for his big roll over-his dad's training must have inspired him!

Jenn said...

WOW! Great job MATT!! Sandra and Jason, you were the first ones I saw who I knew in the race. So much fun! I can't believe how awesome you three are to have completed all of that in one day!

Great job! Thanks for staying to cheer us on after Matt went by!

SJT said...

Way to go Matthew! I think that time is better than last year in St. Louis right? That is so awsome!

parsons said...

too much happiness on this blog. matt you jerk. how dare you beat my half-marathon time by a full NINE minutes. Next thing you know you'll be killing me in tennis too. :)

congrats on the run ... that is an awesome performance.

sandra mae said...

Brian-- if you check up on this comment... will you "invite me" to read your blog?? it's only fair, you know...