Pages

4.23.2007

Brian Hemmerly

with a sad heart, I am updating our blog today. one of our friends who lived in Cincinnati a few years ago died unexpectedly and suddenly in his sleep last Sunday morning. they do not know the cause of death. Brian was in Matt's Bible study, along with Jason Presley (who was killed by a drunk driver almost 3 years ago and who our little boy Jason is named after). I don't think that I am "supposed" to know anyone who dies so young and now we have 2 friends who have passed away. the amazing thing is that they were both amazing Christians who were not afraid to live passionately for Christ. everyone who knew them was aware of their faith and saw the daily impact their dedication to God had on their lives. we drove over to Kokomo, Indiana Friday night to attend the visitation. his wife, Erin, was in my Bible study when they lived here. they moved to Chicago a few years ago.
right now, the only way I can find peace in this loss is knowing the truth: both Brian and Jason are home, and we are still left behind. one day we will get to go home, too. and then we will all be together again. forever.

Brian Scott Hemmerly
Feb. 26, 1979 - April 15, 2007


Brian Scott Hemmerly, 28, joined his heavenly father in eternal life Sunday morning, April 15, 2007, from his home in Chicago. He was born Feb. 26, 1979, in Weisbaden, Germany. Brian was the son of Richard and Janice (Grimaldi) Hemmerly, Kokomo. He married Erin (Hooker), formerly of Kokomo, on June 14, 2003.

He graduated from Northwestern High School in 1997 and from Purdue University’s Krannert School of Management in 2001 with a degree in industrial management. While at Purdue, Brian was active in Theta Chi Fraternity, School of Management Council, Mortar Board and Gimlet Leadership Honorary. From 2001 through 2003, Brian was employed by GE in Cincinnati before transferring to Chicago where he was a financial analyst. In 2006, he left corporate America to pursue his entrepreneurial dreams, securing part ownership in numerous real estate projects and in Bridget McNeill’s Irish Pub and Grill. His business acumen and outstanding interpersonal skills were apparent in all that he did and to all whom he touched.

Above all, Brian was a disciple of Jesus Christ and passionately shared his beliefs with all who knew him. He and his wife, Erin, found great comfort and joy in their commitment to serving the Lord and to Park Community Church in their hometown of Chicago.

Brian is survived by his wife and parents, as well as, maternal grandmother, Eleanor Grimaldi, Richmond Heights, Ohio; paternal grandmother, Mary Etta Hemmerly, Bowling Green, Ohio; sister, Kelly Hemmerly, Chicago; and two brothers, Michael, Daphne, Ala., and Mark, Kokomo.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, Sandra. I am so sorry to read about this. There is no explanation that ever brought me comfort when I lost people I loved. I agree that they are home and we are left behind, and we do have to carry on until we see them again. I was thinking about how the people we've loved and lost do live on in us and I try to honor the memory of my loved ones and emulate those traits I admired in them. I sometimes think that's all we really can do.

Jenn said...

that was beautiful, erin. thanks for sharing.