Pages

4.25.2007

warm weather!

I am so happy that the weather is finally getting warm! we have all the windows open, we get to go for walks everyday, and- overall- I am just in a much better mood. ok, granted it is raining and cloudy today-- but I guess the "April Showers" come right along with the warmer weather. I'm still excited about the change!
here's Jason with his first pair of shorts on:
(he wasn't too happy about being propped up for getting his picture taken!)

I just realized yesterday that I have only 1 more month to be home with Jason! I never thought I would say this, but the time really does go by quickly!
I was going to go back to work full-time. But, as we started getting closer to the time when we needed to find daycare options for Jason, I had a sudden (and unexpected!) change of mind. About 2 weeks ago, I realized that I did not want to be away from Jason everyday and have him in daycare. Someone could have made A LOT of money off of me about a month ago, because I would have bet a significant amount of money that I would DEFINITELY want to go back to work full-time. well, that's not so much the case anymore.

so, I worked it out with my boss-- (it is SO AWESOME to work somewhere that they are so flexible and accommodating to keep me on board!):
I am going to work 2 evenings a week (Mon and Thurs) seeing clients at the outpatient office, and go to a school 1 day a week. my friend Lori is going to watch Jason on the 1 day and I am going to bring him over to Gram's house around 3pm on the other 2 days- so he'll be there until Matt gets off from work. it seems like it is really going to work! and I feel so happy and at peace about it all.

we'll be broke, but happy.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Sandra! What a wonderful solution! I am so glad this is working out for you guys. Its amazing how God makes things work out. Its also amazing how things change - you never know how you are going to feel until you get there, I guess. Awesome. Congrats.

P.S. That is awesome of Lori. She rocks.
P.P.S. Argh! I can't BELIEVE I haven't met Jason yet! Poo on me!

Erin said...

I agree with Jenn. This is fantastic news. I think you cannot know until you are in a situation how you will really feel or what you will want to do.

What about a "Small Group Meets Jason" night? I think that would be fantastic as well! :)

Ryan and Kim said...

I think you'll love staying home, at least for now. I am not going back to teach in the fall either so I'm going to join the broke club!

Heidi said...

I agree with Erin, we need to get together, maybe you can play hostess so we can meet Jason...not to invite a bunch of people to your house or anything.