Pages

7.27.2009

summer days...

our family-of-4 summer days are, sadly, coming to an end...
my mom comes tomorrow to visit for a few days (yeah!!) before she goes up to Michigan with Matt and Jason to camp for 2 weeks.
- I am trying not to think about the fact that I will be away from my little boy for 2 weeks-- that is a LONG time!
- and I am trying not to think about how much Matt will be missing during Karah's 6th and 7th weeks of life-- oh, wait, all he will miss is lots of sleepless nights and fussing and trying to rock a newborn to sleep... actually, I am sure Karah will looks LOTS different to him after 2 weeks away! I think we will have to email one another daily "pictures of the day" of Karah and Jason.

we have spent the last week or so just doing fun family activities:
- playing Chutes and Ladders, Uno (Jason-style: sort the cards into colors), and LeapFrog Bingo.
- watching Jason play on his new playground, which we got off Craig's List.
(please note that Jason is in his pajamas and playing with a ceramic bunny from the garden)- picnics in the park
- visits to Glenwood Gardens
- Cincinnati Museum Center free Friday night admission
- dinner with friends
- dinner PAID for by friends (giftcards are great gifts to new moms!)
- and random, unplanned activities-- such as painting on the patio!




tomorrow I am planning to take Jason to a free Veggie Tales movie at the theater!! (this will be his first time ever in a movie theater-- Matt tried to take him to the last free movie a few weeks ago, but they were at maximum capacity by the time Matt and Jason got there. so, we'll try again!)

1 comment:

rockoutwithourcoxout said...

I love all the activities you guys do together. I need to start taking notes for sure!
Also, bummer that Karah isn't sleeping well right now:( Let me know if there is anything I can do especially while Matt is gone.
When Matt get's back we need to resched dinner!