I am not in a hurry to move him out of his crib, so if this change doesn't work out too well I am okay with going back to the crib. I am thinking it will probably be an inconsistent switch for now-- some days, crib and some days, Elmo bed. I am way too scared to try the toddler bed at night. mainly because I don't want him to actually get out of it early in the morning! right now, we hear him wake up and sometimes he will go back to sleep. my fear is that he will just get up as soon as he wakes up-- and who knows what hour of the morning/night that might be!
Matt took out the nasty carpet in our upstairs hallway and Karah's room, which motivated me to get Jason's room re-arranged for the hope to eventually move the crib into her room. here are a few pictures of the boys working:

Matt plans to re-finish these floors before Karah's arrival-- which means our house will be a bit chaotic for awhile. They are not in horrible shape, but there is paint all over them and little holes from where the carpet was installed. I also don't like the color, so he'll try to stain them the same color as our first level hardwood floors. and we'll need to get new baseboard trim for the room and hallway. Our bedroom still has the gross carpet, but it may just have to stay there for awhile- as we need somewhere to put all the furniture when the floors are getting re-done!
Not too much else going on here... Matt is almost down to one quarter left of classes! and then all he will have left is his year-long project that he plans to start this summer and will continue at his elementary school all next year. I know he is super excited to be done with the classwork and readings and papers. June will be a fun month around here!
4 comments:
I like how the stairs look, too. Also, Jason's room looks good. Thanks for sharing a bit of your life with us on the blog!
The stairs and rooms look great! (Though I had a sneak peek of the rooms earlier today. :) ) I'm happy Matt is almost done with classes too!
When does Jason get to use his the "Family Loves You Quilt" as a comfy/lovey/cuddly instead of a wall decoration?
How nice to find hardwoods under there! The first time we switched Natalie it was no good...then this time she's in a full bed and moved over just fine!
Post a Comment