Pages

8.18.2008

Home and Dry

As Pony Boy in the Outsiders says "...nothing gold can stay"... and maybe someone else said it before him. This reality is our sorrow as we settle back into the grind of our daily lives in Cincinnati. The endless summer in beautiful Shelby, Michigan has drawn to a close. To our surprise, after three months away we are actually delighted to be back home and diving in to our families, church, work. We must, however, take advantage of the final opportunities to get outside and drink up the sun. Jason and I headed over to Winton Center yesterday to swing and see geese and relax.





After checking out the structural integrity of the swingset, Jason kicked back and let go....




We eventually made our way over to the nature center where we enjoyed seeing the fountain complete with flowing water and all. I like how this picture captured a strange glint in Jason's eyes that I have never seen before. I'm not quite sure
what it means, but it looks cute.





We ended the day with a rousing game of duck, duck, goose (with real geese)! Jason got a little edgy when the geese really started walking towards us. Let's face it, geese are scary!











A fun, safe afternoon all in all. We are sad to see the summer coming to a close, but we realize that there is a time for every purpose under heaven.

3 comments:

Mom to 2+2=4 said...

" a time for every purpose." ... . a time for laughter. I laughed reading the blog. And also felt a quiver of emotion at the darling pictures of this boy. I do miss him and his parents.

SJT said...

Glad things are settling back in. We can't wait to see you again very soon! Jason looks a little sly in that one picture.

Jenn said...

and we are SO GLAD to have you back!!!

glad it was awesome.