Pages

3.22.2008

vacation!

we are here in STL "on vacation"-- Matt is off from teaching for the week and, for 2 more days, off from grad school, as well. basically, we are just lounging around- we wanted to get away from all of the house projects we "should" be spending our time doing... so STL was the perfect place to go! and, of course, we wanted to see the fam again and new nephew/cousin Sean. (although we realized on the drive here that we have been to STL 3 times in the past 6 weeks!)
here was Sean and Jason's reunion yesterday morning:















yesterday we took advantage of the warm-ish weather and went to the park:

















and today we went to the Bunny Breakfast at church:

-- please note the very uncertain look Jason has on his face... I hope to post some more pics later, but Jason FREAKED out when this bunny came close to him. he started gripping my arm super-tight and crying! it took him awhile to settle himself down... and whenever he saw the bunny from across the room, he started freaking out and getting scared again. I felt so bad for him.
HAPPY EASTER!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Your poor kid is going to end up with strange bunny fears. That's two years in a row now. Good thing he has a mom who's a counselor.

Heidi said...

I was terrified of the Easter bunny and Santa Claus when I was a kid until I was probably 4 or 5. It may have lasted longer than that but I think my mom quit making me go see them because I always freaked out so much. I think its a sign of very high intelligence.

Ryan and Kim said...

i love the 2 thumbs up the bunny is giving, ha ha!

Erin said...

i can't blame the kid, i still freak out at grown persons in animal suits including sports mascots, as well as clowns, and most santas. i have this out.STANDING christmas pic of me screaming and appearing to be jumping off of santa's lap. AWESOME. And i have to agree with Heidi - definitely a sign of very high intelligence. Off the charts, even.