Pages

3.08.2008

LAZY DAISIES







WINTER IS HERE. . . AGAIN!

It is Saturday and we are up to our ankles in snow. Though Jason has seen it, he has never seen this much of it. Notice the railing (There are about six inches at this point). He's getting pretty stoked about a snowball fight with his friend Jason W. later in the day.



In other interesting news: Jason may be a musical prodigy like his cousin Nick. This is the scene I walked in on Thursday while I was fixing dinner.

Jason was being very professional about the whole thing. He was not just laughing and banging carelessly. He was wearing a very serious face for about twenty minutes straight and he was taking great care to hit the keys of the xylophone squarely. I could think of about 76 instruments I might like better than percussion. . . but as they say, "The instrument chooses the artist."

4 comments:

Mom to 2+2=4 said...

Good blog. Who is Jason W.? Sounds like Jason Wallace (?)!

Hummm. Snowball throwing. Another good gross motor activity!

Did Jason climb up onto the crate by himself? Did he really stay standing there for "20 minutes" or did the pounding of keys and drum just seem like a task for annoyance endurance? Whatever the answers - Way to go Nick and Jason!

Love,
Nanee

Jenn said...

that is CUTE. I love it. I gotta say I will laugh if his passion becomes, say, the drum set, for instance...

SJT said...

I think we only took pictures of all of us on mom and dad's camera. They need to send those to us.

Megan said...

Hey! I'm not sure why you haven't seen me. Maybe it was because I was getting snowed in up in Youngstown this past weekend while you were enjoying a snowball fight. Hopefully I'll see you this Sunday. The pics are adorable by the way and I love the fact that he's choosing percussion. Consider this, those instruments don't squeak and make you cringe when they hit wrong notes.