Pages

10.09.2007

our little pip-squeek

the time has come when I think I need to officially admit to myself that my little boy is just that... a little boy and not so much a baby anymore. in MANY ways, I am relieved and happy! (I am not so much a fan of the newborn stage!) yet, all of these changes are happening really, really fast and I am just trying to keep up!
-- Jason went to the doctor yesterday for his 9 month check-up, so we got his current weight and height. I had been very curious about his weight-- when he reaches 20 lbs. we have to get a new car seat (which is $$$). so for the past month, I just kept hoping that he was not yet 20 lbs. and hoping that I was not putting him in danger by still using the baby car seat.
the results:

height: 2 ft. 3 inches
weight: 17 lbs. 12 oz.

he's still a little guy!

-- the biggest change we have going on, in addition to the changes that he wants to stand up all the time now and he seems much more interested in being physically near to me or Matt, is that it is time to start giving him real milk vs. formula! I thought I had another few months before we made this switch, but the Dr. says we can start now! CRAZY!

when I think about it, it is all really good timing (apart from my own adjustment issues). he has recently started using his sippy cup on his own and just yesterday (before the Dr. appt) I put his formula in the cup because he just likes to play with the bottle and not drink from it. so it seems as though he has been transitioning himself anyways. so now I have to be even more on-top of making sure he is eating enough fruits, veggies, grains, protein, etc. up until now, I was able to just think "well, the formula gives him most of everything he really needs" and get away with skipping a snack or lunch if we were out and about. I guess those days are over! so we'll see how all of this goes!
-- other updates:
my sister has an ultrasound today, so she will hopefully find out if her little one is a boy or girl!

Matt got a new bike for his birthday. he has already taken Jason out in the bike trailer 3 or 4 times! I have yet to get a picture... but Jason has his own little baby helmet- very cute!

we get to meet my friend Julie's new baby this weekend in St. Louis! yeah!

this weekend, my mom (and uncles and cousin) were running the Chicago Marathon and my dad was walking it until... they CANCELED the Marathon! yep, they were half-way finished when the race was officially closed due to heat. so after all that training they didn't even finish! but they got their medals.. and they were actually probably a little relieved they didn't have to do the whole thing!

tonight is "tuesday family night"- its the only weekday evening we are all home! maybe a family bike ride? we'll see....

3 comments:

Mom to 2+2=4 said...

I just can't help myself; I love reading about and seeing pictures of my grandson! And I get to touch and hold him again this coming weekend. Maybe I will take him for a jog as part of my post training from the Chicago M.
Nanee

SJT said...

Now little Jason will have another boy cousin! So I hope he's excited to show baby peanut the ropes when the time comes. :)

Erin said...

I have never heard of canceling a marathon. Interesting.

I think Jason is still a baby, but really, not for long. The end of baby time is sad, but the end of toddler time is traumatic. Like, tears of sadness. I'm just warning you, as an aunt, I've experienced it. Heidi can also confirm, as a sister, that this is true.