knee high by the 4th of July!

here's the BEFORE and AFTER:
nice, friendly dad turns into the mean, green, Incredible Hulk!
(I'm sure Matt can update you about the whole experience later this week.)
our corn might actually have a chance of survival! it has surpassed the old adage of needing to be "knee high by the 4th of July"-- (although I recently heard that this isn't even a true statement, that it does really need to be higher.) in any case, our corn crop is doing well, despite its rough beginnings. our neighbor is helping to give you a better perspective of the size of our corn.
in other news...
here he is! really, I promise- that IS Matt!! he has to stand like that for 4 hours!
he gets to move a little-- to do rifle maneuvers and certain formation changes... but, still, 4 HOURS is a long time! at least he is making lots of $$ doing it!

in other news...
Matt is currently working with the "portable" circus as a Living Statue. yes, that is correct-- Matt has joined the circus!
he gets to move a little-- to do rifle maneuvers and certain formation changes... but, still, 4 HOURS is a long time! at least he is making lots of $$ doing it!
here's the BEFORE and AFTER:
nice, friendly dad turns into the mean, green, Incredible Hulk!
(I'm sure Matt can update you about the whole experience later this week.)
as for me, I'm winding down here on the 4th of July evening. Jason's in bed after a rough crying episode outside at our neighborhood block party. fireworks are popping in the front yard- thankfully not stirring Jason one bit. Matt has just finished 2 hours of standing as the statue- only 2 to go! and I am starting to think about the sad fact that I have to get up and go to work tomorrow. I hope all of you had a great Independence Day celebration!
until next time...
until next time...
4 comments:
That is AWESOME-Matt looks like a real statue!
I agree; Matt, you look awesome. but I prefer you animated. Looking forward to the live person this weekend.
Not only does matt look like a real statue, he also looks really tough. Not New Kids on the Block tough, Marine tough. Seriously, what a challenge, and an honor. Semper Fi!
also, does Jason have to be still in his stroller for hours? I would think that would make this much harder...
Post a Comment