Come on, baby, do the locomotion!
Today is all about movement. Yes, Jason is beginning to move. I wouldn't exactly call it crawling but he gets his butt in the air, smashes his face into the ground and pushes as hard as he can with his legs. Here are two photos of this mornings' movement start to finish.
This is not trick photography, folks! As you can see he started solidly on his fun gym mat and completely cleared it all by himself. No help from Papa, I swear.
Here is another fun highlight from the morning that I like to call "slam dunk".
It was raining pretty hard this morning so we didn't get to go out for our typical round of checking the plant life and getting some fresh air. We made the best of things anyway. We have a new addition to our garden, speaking of plant life. Jason and Papa planted five pumpkin seeds on Monday. We think we timed it so that they'll be ready by Halloween. They are called Connecticut Field pumpkins and are supposed to be easy to grow as well as gigantic (15-20 lbs.)! Should be all kinds of fun. We're pretty much turning our house into a farm. Next year we'll probably try raising some livestock. Sandra really enjoys looking at some of my childhood pictures of a good butchering and little Matty standing next to a cow carcass hanging upside down from a tree.
Well, on a brighter note, here's our Jason giving his itsy bitsy spider a run for his money. This kid really lives life with GUSTO!
In other news: Papa VonGeorge started the initial meetings and paperwork to join the circus yesterday. I may be coming to a neighborhood near you!
In other news: Papa VonGeorge started the initial meetings and paperwork to join the circus yesterday. I may be coming to a neighborhood near you!
The VonGeorge boys also suffered a tragic loss Monday when Mama went back to work full time (for the summer). It's an understatement to say that she is dearly missed. We're keeping our chins up, though. At least Jason is.....
7 comments:
yeah for the Pappa VonGeorge updates! now I can sit at work and see what my guys are up to-- I love it!!
Jason looks so grown up laying on his tummy on the carpet and looking at dad taking his picture. He's going to be crawling before you know it!!
Matt-excellent job with the blogging, Sandra is not the only one who expects you keep the web updated with Jason-ness.
Circus!? I don't quite know what that means, but you can come to my neighborhood anytime.
I can't believe how cute Jason is!!
uuuhhhhh-DOR-able!
I love the PvG updates. And also, I am a little covetous that the vGs have 17-inch corn and I have no corn. And you planted pumpkins, and I have planted no pumpkins. I'm really falling behind in our farming race that I just now realised we were having.
YAY VonGeorge boys!!
Post a Comment