Pages

4.30.2007

those darn fingernails!

well, I don't have a picture for today's post...
but I wanted to share a short story about the drama surrounding Jason's fingernails:

1. they grow crazy fast!

2. I won't cut them. there was a traumatic incident when he was about 3 weeks old- I accidentally cut his skin instead of his fingernail! the terror on his face and screaming was enough to make me NOT want to ever try that again! so, it's true... I won't use the fingernail clippers.

3. so that leaves Matt to do the cutting- which we don't get around to doing as often as needed.

4. it usually takes about 2 days of my neck getting scratched until we find the time to sit down and cut them.

5. it's not as easy as it sounds! Jason is a wiggly worm and always looking around, moving around-- so getting his little hands to stay still is quite a feat!

6. so we now have a system worked out where Matt and I will sit side by side on the couch... I hold Jason upright, so Matt can hold his hand and cut the nails. then we switch sides, so he can get the other hand.

7. this usually involves crying from Jason and singing from Mom to try to distract him. yesterday, we sat on the couch near the t.v. usually the t.v. is not on, so when it IS on-- Jason is obsessed with it! he will just sit and stare at it- a crazy new contraption he has yet to make sense of. while some whining and wiggling did occur last night, I will- sadly- admit that having the t.v. on was a good distraction.

8. the nails have been successfully cut for this week! YEAH!

Oh! I DO have a few photos for today.... Jason's Aunt Susan sent a very cute Sports outfit for the Spring and Summer weather.
So, sis, here he is all decked out:

(I know he is crying here-- but this was the best picture of the whole outfit!
he really DOES like it, Aunt Susan!)

4 comments:

SJT said...

Yea for the new outfit! :)

Justin said...

Hey Vongeorge's... I just realized that you may want to get into the P&G diaper panels. Free diapers and some cash too in the form of gift cards. Let me know if you have interest (wilkey.ja@pg.com) I'll get you signed up.

Word

Heidi said...

When my older brother was like 5 my dad was cutting his hair and accidently cut his ear...we still bring this up in my family all of the time. THere was a lot of blood. Sooo...that will either make you feel better about the skin cutting or (more likely) vow to never ever take scissors to his hair, either.

Jenn said...

i won't even cut my dog's fingernails. eeek! scared for parenting...