Pages

4.28.2007

bath time-

happy saturday morning! one of the not-so-great perks of parenthood is that there is no more sleeping in on the weekends... weekend mornings are just like any other morning: up by 7am! at least he's got his routine down!

I thought I'd share a little about our most recent bathtime experience:
when Jason was really little he HATED baths and would scream and cry in the bathtub. now, he is much more relaxed and seems to enjoy it. lots of kicking around and splashing. everyone involved ends up very wet by the end of the bath!

the other night, 2 new things happened during bath time--

first, Jason become a bit more interested in his little duck. this duck has an indicator on the bottom that says if the water temperature is too hot... ok, so maybe he wasn't as interested in the duck as he was in putting something- anything in his mouth.
and in this picture, he is obviously more interested in looking at dad. I guess he knows how to multi-task!


the other new thing, is that Jason no longer contently lies in the cradled part of the tub-- he now arches his back and sprawls out over the whole tub!
- I don't know if you can tell in this picture or not, but his back is NOT touching any part of the bathtub... now that he does this, he is rolling around a lot more in the tub-- and we have to be LOTS more cautious of his movements in the water....

SO, dad decided to try him on the OTHER side of the tub (one side is: Newborn and the other side says: INFANT and TODDLER). so, here was the result....

- he started off doing pretty well... he can't sit up on his own, so dad needed to hold him... and THEN:
- OOPS! legs went flying, his head crashed to the side of the tub... maybe it wasn't such a great idea. but the boy was a good sport and didn't whimper or cry.




sometimes, he just looks at me and is probably thinking:
Mom? Can I get some HELP HERE?
I tell him we're just trying to figure out this parenting thing as we go...
but, I'm trying!

2 comments:

SJT said...

He's too cute! We love him!

Mom to 2+2=4 said...

Susan got it right!